Corpania Ideas

CAVEAT! I'm an amateur philosopher and idea-generator. I am NOT an investment professional. Don't take any of my advice before consulting with an attorney and also a duly licensed authority on finance. Seriously, this my personal blog of random ideas only for entertainment purposes. Don't be an idiot.

Monday, October 02, 2006

2nd New Format for Political Talk Shows - "Honesty Contract" & Contest

Another way to make political talk shows better would be to have an "Honesty Contract". Guests & Hosts would be required to sign the contract with the following conditions. 1. I promise to tell the truth and not to lie (intentionally deceive through falsehood). If it can be proven that I lied then I promise to apologize on-camera ASAP (within 48 hours) and correct the misapprehension. If that is not possible then I promise to give my apology via voicemail ASAP (within 48 hours) to be used until I make my on-camera apology. 2. I promise to provide a reasonable context so as not to "weasel" (selectively tell the truth so as to mislead). If it can be proven that I lied then I promise to apologize on-camera ASAP (within 48 hours) and correct the misapprehension. If that is not possible then I promise to give my apology via voicemail ASAP (within 48 hours) to be used until I make my on-camera apology. With "weasels", I understand that I will be allowed to make my properly contextualized new argument. 3. If it can be proven that I made an substantial error of fact (not opinion), I promise to apologize on-camera ASAP (within 48 hours) and correct the misapprehension. If that is not possible then I promise to give my apology via voicemail ASAP (within 48 hours) to be used until I make my on-camera apology. 4. If I break any of the above 3 points without taking the proper steps to correct them then I will pay the ACLU (insert charity/non-profit here) the amount of $10,000.00 within 60 days. If I do not pay that amount within 60 days then I will have to pay additional fees of $1,000.00 per day until I have paid it off. 5. If I don't break any of the above rules then I will be eligible for the show's "Honesty Contest" where the person who tells the most truths without lying while also correcting all "weasels" and errors will win the grand prize (of $100,000.00). Signed X____________________________

No comments:

Blog Archive