Corpania Ideas

CAVEAT! I'm an amateur philosopher and idea-generator. I am NOT an investment professional. Don't take any of my advice before consulting with an attorney and also a duly licensed authority on finance. Seriously, this my personal blog of random ideas only for entertainment purposes. Don't be an idiot.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

All Contracts Should Be Videotaped / Profit Without Productivity is the Cause of Every Crash!

After watching the documentary "Maxed Out" and thinking about the current credit crisis I have come up with a unique solution...

MANDATE: "ALL CONTRACTS MUST BE VIDEOTAPED"

Why will this help?

I conclude that the common but addressable problem is the fact that the person who takes out the loan often simply doesn't understand the ramifications of the agreement.
Videotaping contracts requires the following to beneficial effect:

1) All parties have to at least hear ALL the terms of the contract (as opposed to the normal problem of people not reading the contract).

2) It prevents any party from making false verbal claims at the time of signing.

3) If the person looks oblivious and is obviously pressured to "just sign" then the deal can be vitiated on the legal grounds that there wasn't a "meeting of the minds".

Critics of my proposal may argue "caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)" but they are living in the outdated mindset of libertarianism. (See my previous blog post about Libertarianism being a quaint anachronism).

Profiting by means of tricking someone does not "grow the pie".
Profit without productivity is the cause of every crash!
(See my previous blog post about Productive Wealth aka P*Wealth).



No comments:

Blog Archive